Keeping the air quality in your home clean is essential to your health. When you are exposed to pollutants, you may experience fatigue, dizziness, and headaches. Your eyes, nose, and throat might also become irritated. In some cases, a single exposure to such allergens can lead to temporary health problems. In many cases, prolonged exposure to pollutants may result in chronic health issues, such as asthma. Those issues can range from mild to serious. Ultimately, you are potentially at risk of developing life-threatening health conditions, including heart disease, cancer, and respiratory diseases.
In order to prevent such problems from manifesting, you can take preventative action. Ensure that the air inside your home is as clean as possible. You might be surprised by how easily you can reduce the level of allergens indoors.
5 Ways to Clean up the Air in Your Home
In order to get the air clean in your home, you do not need to make drastic changes. A few improvements can make a difference to your indoor air quality. If you feel that your household is suffering from the effects of allergens in the air, consider these tips:
- Change your filters. If the filters in various equipment and appliances are not replaced periodically, they will no longer work to keep pollutants from invading your space. If you use an air purifier, remember to change the filter in that, and do not forget to replace the filter in your vacuum cleaner. During routine maintenance visits, a HVAC professional should change the filters in your heating and cooling units.
- Get an air purifier. An air cleaner can dramatically change the quality of air in your home. Talk to an expert at Just In Time about getting the best air cleaner for your circumstances. Using it could remove a significant amount of pet dander, smoke, dust, and mold from the air. It could also eliminate irritating odours from your indoor environment.
- Increase the humidity. You may not realize that low humidity can have an impact on your health. Your respiratory tract may become dry and inflamed, and this can increase your chances of getting cold and flu viruses. Low humidity may cause your sinuses to dry out. It can also result in irritable and itchy eyes and throat. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you might need to buy a humidifier to help you to regulate the humidity in your home, so your household does not suffer from allergy symptoms or respiratory infections.
- Clean the vents. Another way to prevent dust and other allergens from infiltrating your air is to get the vents and ductwork cleaned. These HVAC components serve as the conduits through which air circulates throughout your home. If the conduits are dirty, then dirty air is being continually released into your environment. A service call from our team can put an end to that type of air pollution. If you need to update these products for better efficiency, we can help you with that, as well.
- Update your furnace or air conditioner. You might also need to update your air conditioner or furnace if it is running on old technology that cannot keep up with today’s pollution and energy rates. New furnace installation and air conditioning maintenance may greatly contribute to cleaner indoor air overall. We can help you decide whether your equipment should be serviced or replaced.
Just In Time Furnace Inc. provides a wide range of ways to improve the quality of your indoor environment. Keeping your air clean is important, and we are delighted to assist you in this effort. From humidifiers to updated ductwork to furnace maintenance in Calgary, we are the local leaders in indoor air quality products and services.
We want your HVAC system to benefit your health. Whether you require a humidifier, a new filter, or air conditioning installation in your Calgary home, we are here to help. You can reach us at 403-333-6666, or fill out our online contact form for a free quote.